Sunday, January 22, 2017

Inauguration assignment


For this assignment, I jumped around with a lot of topics. I watched the inauguration, the congressional luncheon, the parade and the inaugural ball. Sticking to one topic was tough, but I managed to highlight a few topics.  

One thing that I was very curious about was the @POTUS and @FLOTUS Twitter accounts transitioning once Trump was sworn into office. I was impressed at how fast the Twitter accounts switched.

                         



As the accounts switched over, many followers migrated over as well. Twitter support quickly looked into the issue and issued a tweet regarding the complications.



--
Also, as I kept up with social media on Friday, a reporter from the Dallas Morning News mentioned how the News’ website was changed to their historic moment display.
    


--
A picture of the crowd size went viral, and I knew it was a matter of time before it was addressed.  


Sean Spicer’s press conference accused the media of framing the photographs to understate the crowd. 

After the press conference I tuned into CNN where Anderson Cooper and a panel of commentators were talking about the press conference and the role of the media. While Fox News’ Jeanine Pirro, a Donald Trump supporter, talked about cabinet picks and her interview with Trump supporters. 



On CNN’s website, there was an article fact checking the press conference. Meanwhile, Fox had a brief article summarizing the press conference. 

 Coverage from both news stations was interesting, but not surprising. 

No comments:

Post a Comment