- Texas State Student Health Center: A link to the Texas State Health Center to explain the services the Health Center provides.
- Laura Greek, RN, FNP-BC: A nurse practitioner at the Texas State Health Center, phone number 512-245-2161.
- Men Against Violence: Texas State organization of peer educators that provide presentations about sexual assault to the San Marcos community.
- Sean Quiñones: Vice president of Men Against Violence, email: email@example.com.
- Xavier Releves: President of Men Against Violence, phone: 254-640-6111 and email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Julie Eckert, M.ED, MCHES: Adviser of Men Against Violence, as well as assistant director at the Student Health Center, email: email@example.com
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month: A website that discusses upcoming events to promote Sexual Assault awareness, Sexual Assault on campus, etc.
- USA Today story (Sept. 19, 2014): A story discussing the frequency of domestic violence and sexual assault within college campus.
- NY Mag: A story discussing Emma Sulkowicz's story, as well as her friends and those close to her during the incident.
- The Rape Epidemic is Fiction: A contrast to most stories, claiming rape epidemic is untrue. A good article to get a different perspective.
- Why Victims of Rape in College Don't Report to the Police: A Time article that includes four reasons victims do not report the crime. An interesting read, that is breaks down each reason in detail.
- Bureau of Justice Statistics: Indicators of School Crime and Safety report from 2013, discusses reports from previous for sexual assault crimes on school campuses.
- The Campus Sexual Assault Study (Dec. 2007): Although a little outdated, the study is an extensive look at sexual assault on campuses.
- CNN: Story about the new efforts Obama is setting to combat sexual assault (video included).
- White House website: Details on the "It's on Us" campaign, created by President Obama
- "It's on Us:" A promotional video for the "It's on Us" campaign.
- List of schools committing to the "It's on Us" campaign.
- Fact Sheet about the "It's on Us" campaign.
- The Louisiana Board of Regents' 500 page report: Discusses the state's public colleges and universities treatment of sexual violence.
- NPR: Audio series discussing sexual assault activists and their position on college campuses.
- White House Report: "The First Report of the White House Task Force to Protect Students From Sexual Assault" (April 2014).
- Video: A YouTube video created by University of Kansas students discussing sexual assault and how KU is under investigation for mishandling a sexual assault case.
- The University Star: A opinion column regarding Texas State sexual assault programs.
- Cleveland Rape Crisis Center: A 24-hour hotline and website containing information for victims, could be a good source to learn what a common call is like, or how they handle certain situations or victims (Hotline number: 216-619-6192 )
- Niche: A website that rates college campuses' health center, including Texas State University's.
Monday, September 22, 2014
Sexual Assault Sources - D. Harkness